Blogging has brought a lot of goodness into my life. Not only has it been a great creative outlet, it’s also opened a lot of doors and introduced me to some pretty fantastic people. One of them being Katie, who recently nominated me for the Liebster Award (thanks, dear!), an internet blogging award that circulates among bloggers.
Here’s how it works. The nominator asks you 11 questions, you answer, and then you nominate 11 other bloggers to answer 11 questions, and the fun continues :)
With that, here are my answer’s to Katie’s questions!
How did you choose your blog name?
I can’t exactly remember! I was in the midst of working a full-time job in communications, a part-time fun job at lululemon and attending grad school full-time, and I thought I could somehow fit in blogging (after three posts, it fell by the wayside). So, the name… I love alliteration, and find sweating pretty sweet, and somehow the name fell together. So there you have what I can remember!
What’s your favorite thing to write about?
Triathlon, obviously :) but, I also love writing about random things that inspire me in hopes of inspiring others.
What’s your favorite meal of the day and why?
Ooo… tough one! I love to eat… maybe that’s why I like to train so much?! ;) Currently loving farm fresh eggs over medium in coconut oil with avocado and crispy bacon. Because breakfast! I’m also loving my post-workout Osmo Nutrition recovery smoothie… vitamix a frozen banana, almond milk, a couple spoonfuls of PB2 and a serving of Osmo acute recovery. Pretty sure I could eat that for every.single.meal.
What pair of jeans right now in your closet do you wear so much you’re surprised they haven’t turned to shreds?
My current go-to: A pair of J Brand skinnies with a giant hole in the knee. Not kidding, until I recently bought a pair of J Brand boyfriend jeans (yes, this is my fave brand of denim), I wore them nearly daily.
What is your favorite quote?
I’m a big quote person, so it’s tough to pick a favorite. Narrowed down to four…
- It always seems impossible until it is done. -Nelson Mandela
- Comparison is the thief of joy. -Theodore Roosevelt
- Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. -Helen Keller
- She believe she could so she did.
Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging for a few reasons (working in comm at an electric utility didn’t leave much room for creativity!)… one, as a creative outlet; two, because I love writing; and, three, to share my fitness + triathlon adventures with others.
What kind of workout makes you feel the best after it’s over?
There is nothing better than time in the saddle. #happyplace #bikelove
What TV show can’t you get enough of right now?
Parenthood. We DVR it because Nick plays soccer Thursday nights. I usually watch it while he’s gone (shh… don’t tell him that!) and then watch it again with him.
If you had to pick a celebrity who looks the most like you, who would it be?
Someone recently told me I look like Malin Ackerman. Maybe I should dye my hair blonde? I’ve kinda always wanted to, at least for awhile! Other doppelgångers: Demi Moore and Courteney Cox.
If you could give your 16-year-old self a piece of advice, what would it be?
Never undervalue your contributions. Be brave. Don’t worry about what others think. Keep moving forward. Change is good. Take risks. Travel more. Kindness can change the world. Focus. Go the unconventional non-college route. Mom is usually right.
Are you going to pass the torch and nominate 11 other bloggers?
Absolutely! Here are my picks…
- Finding a Balance
- On a Fun Run
- The Change of Pace
- The Quest for Kona
- Triathlete Treats
- Mind Over Kona
- All Things Yogi
- The Fit Formula
- Defy Your Limitations
- Carrissa Marie
- LG Racing
- What was the inspiration for your blog and its name?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your favorite topic to write about?
- What keeps you motivated?
- If you could have a super power, what would it be?
- What’s your biggest fitness goal, or A race, this year?
- Describe your perfect day.
- Do you have a mantra, and if so, what is it?
- What’s your go-to dinner?
- If you could give your 16-year-old self a piece of advice, what would it be?
- Are you going to pass the torch and nominate 11 other bloggers?
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 other bloggers (generally with the same number of followers, though it can be tough to tell; ideally less than 500).
- Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Comment on your nominees’ blogs to let them know you nominated them.
- Have fun spreading the blogging love!