7 In ironman world championship

kona 2017.

Being in Kona this year for the IRONMAN World Championship was all the emotions – from bittersweet + bummed to not be racing as I’d hoped to a little bit relieved to not be racing. But the most overwhelming emotion: incredible gratitude. I’m so damn grateful for all the opportunities this sport’s given me and for all the amazing people it’s brought into my life.

Highlights of the week included the obvious instagram-worthy things, like coffee boat swims, Queen K bike rides, Ali’i runs, and all the Basik açai bowls and Kona coffee. In between all that was the best part: time with my Coeur Sports family – from afternoons at the expo booth to early morning race day hugs. You’re the reason this sport is awesome. Thank you for elevating all of us ♥

And now back in the dark Minnesnowta winter, you can bet I’m channeling all the aloha from my week on the Big Island – and am beyond inspired and motivated for another go…!

With that, a few pics from my week in Kona.

Argon 18 Bike + Coeur Sports photo shoot. The colors! Photo by Ian Matteson.

Coffee boat shenanigans.

Waikoloa scenic overlook – the windiest ride I’ve ever done (top speed around 12mph). The tailwind home, though…!

The underpants run with these lovely Coeur Sports ladies.

Kona sunsets never get old.

Until next time (near year?!), Kona

You Might Also Like

7 Comments

321delish
    11/21/2017 at 2:20 pm

Gosh it looks so amazing there! Loved following your escapades there!

Will you be attempting to KQ at IMWI next year??? (please tell me I’ll at least see you there!!)

erin
      11/21/2017 at 2:30 pm

It is – you must go sometime! Hawaii is magical.

Probably won’t be racing IMWI, but I’ll definitely be there volunteering and cheering all day! Can’t wait to see you!

Leslie @ TriathleteTreats
    11/23/2017 at 11:36 am

So much fun!!! Can’t wait to hear what you decide to do next year! There is no doubt that you will get back to Kona! If there is a will there is a way and you are one of the toughest chicks I know!!

erin
      11/24/2017 at 9:26 am

Aww… you’re so sweet. Thanks so much, Leslie! Are you racing IM next year?!

Leslie @ TriathleteTreats
        11/26/2017 at 12:01 pm

I wanted to do IM Barcelona but it sold out last week??! So I am going back to AZ! What have you decided?

erin
          12/01/2017 at 6:43 pm

Barcelona would be incredible – charity slot?! ;) AZ will be fun, though, too! Gah… I can’t decide! Texas?Boulder? Canada? Ahhhh!

• Leslie @ TriathleteTreats
            12/04/2017 at 11:39 pm

Why don’t you go to Lake Placid? That is on my list!! But it is hard and that is exactly what you are good at!! ;)

your thoughts…