13 In eat

banana-berry green smoothie.

Am I the only one who finds it harder to eat my leafy greens in the middle of winter? Polar vortex round two this past week – and getting my car STUCK IN THE DRIVEWAY for the third time – sure doesn’t help. Because warm comfort foods, and where is spring!

That said, this smoothie makes it easy to channel warmer weather, and bonus: It packs a healthy green punch with the addition of spinach and avocado. Plus, it whips up super fast in the Vitamix – key for those rush-out-the-door mornings.

Check out the recipe on the Anytime Fitness blog today… I know what I’m having for breakfast!

green smoothie

{photo by Amanda Ingle}

You Might Also Like

13 Comments

Emily Dingmann (@nutritionisteat)
    03/06/2014 at 10:33 am

I’ve been on a huge smoothie kick for the last few months, but I’m well aware that I wouldn’t be as into them if it was cold out. :) Love the avocado addition!

ktfit
    03/06/2014 at 10:49 am

yum! now my wheels are turning as to what can be made that would be a hot drink option…

Angela
    03/06/2014 at 11:14 am

I’m a huge smoothie fan — my usual breakfast is one made with apple, banana, pineapple, mango, sometimes kiwi, Greek yogurt, & a boatload of spinach. Perfect!

(Re: getting even more greens in, for lunch I generally throw some tasty / healthy stuff in a bowl, heat it up, then add a bunch of kale / spinach / arugula / spring mix / whatever. One of my favorites is shredded chicken, black beans, avocado, salsa, & a couple handfuls of greens. Filling, delicious, & actually pretty healthy!)

Sun Safety Barbie
    03/06/2014 at 11:24 am

I go through phases where I like smoothies. This one sounds good. As soon as it warms up outside I’ll try it.

Danielle @ I Eat Therefore I Run
    03/06/2014 at 12:13 pm

Looks delicious! Now to find almond milk…. ;) You could use steamed spinach too.

Change of Pace
    03/06/2014 at 2:07 pm

I find it harder to eat smoothies in winter than greens but that’s just because I’m always an icicle :)

Corey
    03/06/2014 at 4:39 pm

I normally eat smoothies all the time in the summer and I have been making them again the last few week for lunch so I can get more fruit/veggies during the day. I bought avocados at the store this week so I am going to throw 1/2 in there next time I make one and see how it goes!!!

Kristen L
    03/06/2014 at 9:01 pm

YUM! Looks delish.

Leslie @ TriathleteTreats
    03/06/2014 at 9:49 pm

Looks awesome except I don’t like bananas! I know its weird I just can’t stand them! :)

Kecia
    03/07/2014 at 7:25 am

Yummy!! I can’t wait to try this one. Ironic that we both had the thought of smoothies for our posts yesterday ;)

elizabeth e
    03/07/2014 at 12:45 pm

this looks delicious! i just tried avocado in a smoothie for the first time last week, and it was an awesome addition. it made it so much more filling and a lot smoother!

Luv What You Do
    03/08/2014 at 6:59 pm

I have been loving the green smoothies lately!

Irina Souiki (@IrinaSouiki)
    03/09/2014 at 9:41 am

Gah!!! I can’t even look at that photo without … yeah, um. Not a fan of smoothies at all. More power to you for being able to ingest liquid meals. I’m sure they do wonders. Maybe I should consider making them into ice cream.

• your thoughts…